September is here!
Despite the slowing down we expected, due to a lingering and uncertain pandemic, the summer months have whizzed by. Real estate has continued to move at a frenetic pace in the greater Boston area. Here are my takeaways:
- Residential real estate continues to be revved up despite (or perhaps due to) the pandemic
- The mantra you have heard from me before continues – ‘high demand, low inventory’
- While consumer confidence appears to be a tad lower, economic indicators and forecasts are still good in our area
- Mortgage rates continue to be great. Even Jumbo rates are under three percent
- If you have been in a property for over one year, you most likely are sitting on a good bump in value
- Priorities are changing – we hear that 50% of people may change jobs over the next two years
- In the past year, many second homes became primary dwellings or co-primary dwellings
- Larger, multi-generational housing had a spike in demand as children, grandchildren, dogs and pets moved in!
As always, if you are contemplating a change or have some real estate questions, just reach out. It will be my pleasure to help out and catch up!